After more than 8 years of development, Flask has reached 1.0. This release comes with lots of new features and changes.
- More flexible CLI
- Multithreaded development server
- Error handling will try handlers registered for blueprint, code, app, code, blueprint, exception, app, exception
- Simplified logging mechanism
- Improved testing means
- Python 2.6 and 3.3 are no longer supported
- flask.ext is completely removed
- A full list of changes can be found in the release changelog
The Flask Series Bookshelf demo application has been updated to the first major release of Flask.